Teens (aged 13-18) living in NH
Create a 30-90 second video that encourages teens to read and use libraries this summer and you could win $275! Just a short Public Service Announcement, using the theme Spark a Reaction could make you the New Hampshire Spark a Reaction Teen Video Challenge Winner. One winner can be selected from each state and CSLP (Collaborative Summer Reading Program) member affiliate. Teens across America could see your video!
Video Criteria for Acceptance
All videos must:
- Be 30 to 90 seconds.
- Promote the idea of using public libraries and reading.
- Include your interpretation of the 2014 CSLP teen slogan “Spark a Reaction.”
- Be designed for use at any library.
- Be appropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages.
Video will be judged on the following criteria:
- Message clarity and relevance
- Motivation and inspiration
- Overall impact
Aside from the $275 the winning team gets and the $125 in prizes the winning library gets, YALS (the Young Adult Librarians of NH) and the national Collaborative Summer Library Program want to encourage you to develop your video skills, have fun and encourage others to use your library all summer long. We created this contest for teens to create videos for teens.
1. Go to Spark a Reaction Teen Video Challenge 2014
2. Explore the resources link for Video Creation Resources including art and music ideas in the public domain.
3. Create your video.
4. Entitle your video: “2014 TVC- NH-Unique Name.” Please choose a unique name that does not include your real name (example: 2014 TVC-NH-Libraryfan123).
5. Upload your video to YouTube.com or Vimeo.com.
6. Fill out the Model Release Form and Entry Form.
7. Completed forms must be received by February 14, 2014. Completed forms should be mailed to :
Spark a Reaction Video Challenge
NH State Library
20 Park Street
Concord, NH 03301
2013: Beneath the Surface
2012: Own the Night
New Hampshire Winning Video