Here’s a great project to work on with your teens over the winter…
Create a 30 – 90 second video that encourages teens to read and use libraries this summer and you could win $275! Just a short Public Service Announcement, using the theme Beneath the Surface could make you the New Hampshire Beneath the Surface Teen Video Challenge Winner. One winner can be selected from each state and CSLP member affiliate. Teens across America could see your video.
Aside from the $275 the winning team gets and the $125 in prizes the winning library gets, YALS (the Young Adult Librarians of NH) and the national Collaborative Summer Library Program want to encourage you to develop your video skills, have fun and encourage others to use your library all summer long. We created this contest for teens to create videos for teens.
1. Go to Beneath the Surface Teen Video Challenge 2013
2. Explore the resources link for art and music ideas in the public domain.
3. Create your video.
4. Entitle your video: “2013 TVC- NH-Unique Name.” Please choose a unique name that does not include your real name (example: 2013 TVC-NH-Libraryfan123).
5. Upload your video to YouTube.com or Vimeo.com.
6. Fill out Model Release form and Entry Form.
7. Mail completed forms postmarked by February 4, 2013 to :
Beneath the Surface Video Challenge
NH State Library
20 Park Street
Concord, NH 03301